Ride time: 6:00am-9:45pm (15.8 hours)
Miles ridden: 117 on-course + 2 off-course = 119
Total on-course miles covered: 188
Submitted by sherry on June 15, 2008 – 3:37am
Racer update about: Felix Wong Kevin Hall
Hi, this is Felix Wong calling on Saturday about 10:15 on June 14th. Calling in from Barnes Lake. I’m actually here with Kevin Hall. We are both camping behind an old church after an absolutely spectacular day of riding. We did 120 miles today and 70 miles yesterday.
That is not to say that it’s been entirely uneventful for myself. Yesterday I was still feeling a little bit under the weather and had a bike mechanical problem, mainly a loose hub but I was able to fix that. The only other mechanical problem I have had so far is a flat tire.
Otherwise, its been great riding. Spectacular scenery. Weather has been capricious but good for the most part. Rain last night and this morning and really muddy conditions this AM, but after about Mile 90 it was fantastic. It’s only about 20 miles to the US Border so the next time I call in I should be in the US. You have a great day. Ok, bye.
From the Notebook
- 31 degrees upon wakeup
- Mud-jammed front derailleur
- Rode with Kevin Hall 10:00am-11:00am to Elkford, and then 7:00pm-9:45pm
- White-tailed deer
- Great weather after morning
- Fernie—very nice!
- At a roadside dairy stand, Kevin Hall got there before me and had the owners keep it open for my arrival. Denise, Britney, and Jordan worked there. I had a crispy chicken sandwich and onion rings.
- While dining there outside with Kevin Hall, we encountered a man named Scott riding a Honda CBR1000RR from Alberta. He was riding 600 miles to visit his girlfriend in Montana.