Ride time: 5:45am-8:45pm (15 hours)
Miles ridden: 113 on-course + 1 off-course = 114
Total on-course miles covered: 1882
Felix Wong in Del Norte
Submitted by sherry on July 2, 2008 – 3:46pm
Racer update about: Felix Wong
Hi, this is Felix Wong calling at 12:45 on Wednesday, July 2nd, from Del Norte, CO. Yesterday, I had a great day. My legs were feeling good. I rode about 113 miles. I even enjoyed going up Marshall Pass and Cochetopa Pass. Nice gradual climbs with great scenery.
In the evening, I ended camping half-way up the Pass after Cochetopa Pass.
From the Notebook
- Marshall pass: 4 hours, 25 miles, 4000 ft of climbing. Gradual, beautiful.
- At top, met a guy named Clif who was hiking form Denver to Durango.
- Long downhill.
- Met a cyclist in Sargent: on a Moots mountain bike. He rode 100 miles?
- Cochetopa Pass: gradual; I felt strong.
- Camped halfway up Camero Pass in a primitive campsite.