Prior to going to Jamaica, I haven’t tried any of the country’s cuisine—unless you count the pseudo-Caribbean faire served up by Rasta Pasta or the Island Grill in Fort Collins. Hence, eating in Jamaica was a real treat.
Some of the classic Jamaican items we ate or drank included:
- Bammy: a Jamaican cassava flatbread
- Festival: Jamaican-style sweet fried maize dumpling
- Sliced and fried breadfruit
- Jamaican apple: looked more like a pear in both shape and texture than an apple
- Jerk chicken: very spicy!
- Patties (usually filled with chicken)
- Ting: a popular grapefruit soda in Jamaica
Check out the photos to see how the above looks like.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider receiving my weekly newsletter. I typically write about endurance bicycling, travel, self improvement, Colorado living, marathon running and epic adventures.
The pictures below were taken with a 2012 Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone.
Articles related to Food in Jamaica
- Other posts about Jamaica