During the holidays I got to spend almost a week with family and a few old friends. I spent virtually the entire time in Stockton where my parents live, but also got to spend half a day in the Bay Area.
Here are a few things I got to do:
- Visit with parents, brothers, sisters-in-law, and nephews, including my new nephew Matteo.
- Help my mom and dad with about 30 issues on their list, mostly dealing with computers and electronics.
- Run, including setting a couple of Strava course records in my old neighborhood.
- Visit with Bandy, my bud from high school, in Stockton. While enjoying frozen yogurt outside, we encountered our high school friend Tongly. Neither Bandy or I live in Stockton anymore, but Tongly does and he was getting his cell phone serviced next door when we ran into him.
- See my brother and sister-in-law’s new home. They live in a nice place in Danville now.
- Visit with my friend Stacey who is a double lung transplant recipient. She received her transplant in 2004. Her ability to breathe has been diminishing each year but she is on the list for a second transplant, so there is hope.
While Stacey and I were visiting, her mom Laura made us a delicious lunch of orzo salad, pizza, and fruit and yogurt. Also, Stacey made me do pull-ups as shown in the following video. She has unique ways of getting me to exercise (e.g., doing 2013 pull-ups on New Year’s Day in 2013).
Stacey said it was the record number of pull-ups for her apartment, but it is quite a ways off from my personal record shown in the video below.
Unfortunately I did not have time to visit any other friends in the Bay Area I would have loved to have seen, but it was a good trip nevertheless.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider receiving my weekly newsletter. I typically write about endurance cycling, travel, self improvement, Colorado living, marathon running and epic adventures.
The photos below were taken with a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Windows phone.
Articles related to Northern California Visit
- Other posts about Friends