I finally got around to pulling my MGB’s engine. It took about a day to do so using an engine hoist that a co-worker lent me. The engine removal process was fairly easy and required about six hours of labor, excluding breaks. I was taking my time and was pleasantly surprised at how easy the process was. (Of course, installing the engine was a different matter.)
Afterwards, I rented a U-haul pick-up truck and brought the engine to Fremont Machine Shop, which was only a mile away. When I got there, two big dudes manhandled the engine block from the pickup bed, put it in a shopping cart, and rolled it into the machine shop across the parking lot. A funny sight, but impressive.