Amazingly, it’s been over four years since Sarah came to visit me in Colorado. Back then in June 2007 I thought Sarah had picked a near-perfect month to come on out and play because of the weather and numerous festivals, but September 2011 was probably a more calendar-packed month with even better temperatures. “September,” I even said to Sarah not long after her 2.5-hour flight from San Francisco touched down, “is now my favorite month of the year.”
Sarah’s visit just added to the multitude of wonderful memories from the ninth month of 2011. She was only here for three days, but this is what we got to do:
- Go for a morning three-mile run with my neighbor (and one of my best buds) Tim on neighborhood trails and dirt-packed roads.
- Have lunch with wonderful service and food at Tasty Harmony.
- Visit the Poudre River Arts Center which had free exhibits featuring art made from recycled goods; food; and “The Queer Life.”
- Hike up to Arthur’s Rock in Lory State Park with Dave and Shantel.
- Eat Ethiopian food at Nyala.
- Savor gelato at Gelazzi and listen to karaoke.
- Go for a hike on the Grey Rock Trail in the Poudre Canyon.
- Bike over to the Sustainable Living Fair and hang out with Raquel.
- Eat tapas for dinner while listening to jazz at Ace Gillett’s, again with Raquel.
- Bike 72 miles in Scott & Celeste’s Noodles Ride, having lunch at Noodles in Fort Collins six miles from my house.
- Pull weeds in my garden (thanks, Sarah!)
Phew! Just typing all that almost makes me tired. I’ll post separate write-ups and photos for the Sustainable Living Fair and the Noodles Ride.
It was a really fun, eventful weekend. Hopefully, Sarah will come back for more fun much sooner than another four years.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider receiving my weekly newsletter. I typically write about endurance bicycling, travel, self improvement, Colorado living, marathon running and epic adventures.
Articles related to Sarah’s Visit
- Other posts about Friends