Maureen was doing field work in the Tampa Bay area this week, so in October we met up in Florida instead of Missouri or Colorado.
Below are some of the things I got to do during this visit.
- Visit with my former neighbor, Tim, who’s one of my best guy friends. Met his wife whom he met a few years ago in Korea, and their baby.
- Eat a lot of ethnic cuisine including Cuban, Thai, Jamaican, Dominican, Puerto Rican, and Irish.
- Run a Strava segment.
- Visit the Tampa Bay Auto Museum.
- Visit Big Cat Rescue.
- Run the East Park Fire Rescue 5k.
- Go to the beach in Palm Harbor at the Wesley S. Henry Community Pier.
- Visit Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
- Go for a stroll in downtown Dunedin, a town that Tim grew up in.
It was my first time in the Tampa area and a great trip.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider receiving my weekly newsletter. I typically write about endurance bicycling, world travel, self improvement, Colorado living, marathon running, and epic adventures.
The pictures below were taken with a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Windows phone.
Articles related to Tampa Visit
- Other posts about Florida